Mar 31, 2010
N.E.R.D.are back and they’re not far away from releasing new album.
MTV News spoke to the hip hop group at Levi's Regent Street flagship store re-launch party where front man Pharrell Williams gave us an insight into their new material.
Originally rumoured to be titled Instant Gratification, we can confirm it will actually be called Nothing as the band exclusively told us the title represents the guys’ decision to clear their minds and start from scratch.
Pharrell explained: “We scrapped 27 records because they weren’t good enough, they sounded great – but what were they saying? So we went back in (to the studio) and just focused on feeling..."
He added: "It’s almost like we did this whole entire album with our eyes closed, not because it was that easy but because it was that important to reconnect to what we feel and I would say this album is like scrapping everything and starting with nothing”.
It also turns out the rap collective's female fans may find this project particularly amazing!
Pharrell explained: “the music has been especially tuned in frequencies to speak to women… women will literally feel this, we are doing some other next level experimentation with this music..."
"You know what’s so funny, It's that not once do we say tit or ass or anything that you think could be automatically erogenous but I think that the right mentality and good and pure intention is the sexiest thing that I could ever give to a woman.”
Pharrell continued: “Pure intentions and good energy about life and reminding her that she’s beautiful and even if you can’t afford that blouse or even if you can’t get those flats, please just remember that you’re a human being, and when you do get it, it’s ok..."
"If you’re rich and you already have all those things, just take a step back and say I’m a human being and that makes me beautiful”.
You can expect to hear a mastered version of new single, Hot & Fun in the next few weeks.
We’ll be bringing you more from this exclusive interview soon.
The Levi's Regent Street Flagship Store is open now. Visit www.leviscraftwork.com
Some new product has released from the WTAPS Spring/Summer 2010 Collection. Next to the suspender t-shirt, they present a safari pony hair belt and matching scarf. Also they have released some simple new beanies in several colorways. The new product is now available at Cliff Edge.
Ann-Sofie Back debuted a pair of dripping sunglasses during her Fall 2009 runway show. This spring, the aviator style frames are available in smoke or red at Opening Ceremony.
Erykah Badu rocked these last night on 106& park. And I want a pair
Supra previews a forthcoming 413 Edition Vaider, dubbed the “Suprawood.” Featured in what appears to be TUF-grade heavy black canvas the sneaker features cut-out star details, gold piping, waxed laces and a Hollywood-style hang tag.
Ciara feat. The-Dream "Speechless"
Gudda Gudda - Small Thing to a Giant (Feat. Lil Wayne)
Dirty Money - Hello Good Morning (Feat. T.I.) [Prod. By Danja]
Jeremih - Seen It Before
Trina - Let Them Hoes Fight (feat.. Lady Gaga)
Charles Hamilton And B.o.B - Paperboy
He prettttttyy nicce...
Mar 30, 2010
Travel Channel has a show searching for America's worst driver. Is it just me or does this look like a law suit waiting to happen? It could possibly be staged though
ALBUM REVIEW :CROOKERS “TONS OF FRIENDS”
So, The Crookers one of my favorite Euopean DJ acts have released the highly anticipated “Tons Of Friends” months after they released the lead single “No Security” featuring Kelis. The Crookers are most famous for their remix of Kid Cudi’s debut single “Day N Night” which in retrospect thewir remix LAUNCHED his career. Cudi also reuturns the favor by appearing on the song “Embrace The Martian” (most likely a future single smh).
The Album opens with the Soul Wax & Mixhell assited “We Love Animals”, Ironically the following track and lead single features Kelis who in January made headlines for bashing PETA and openly confessing to wearing fur (see story here). The album features several “never heard of” artist and several big names like will.i.am and Pitbull. While the general sound of the album is a dubstep party with the theme of animal love overall the album is a smash instrumentally, artist performance wise it’s better than MSTRKRFT’s “Fist Of God”, doesn’t have the fun and power of David Guetta’s “One Love” (who features Cudi and will.i.am and produced Kelis coemback single) and isn’t as creative as Basement Jaxx “Scars” (which also features Kelis).
Gucci Ronson Sneaker – London Exclusives
Following yesterday’s Icon-Temporary London announcement, we now have a more detailed look at the two London exclusive Ronson sneakers from Gucci. On offer for London are a grey herringbone flannel midtop (our favorite of the two), and a black and white patent polka dot low cut style. Each pair features leather boat lacing and a “Gucci with Mark Ronson” dog tag. The limited edition sneakers also come with unique packaging designed specifically for London.
On April 22, the third installment of Gucci Icon-Temporary will open for three weeks at 37 Earlham Street, Seven Dials, Covent Garden, London WC2.
Mar 29, 2010
In addition to working with David Guetta and Ne-Yo, Kelly Rowland is tapping Sean 'Diddy' Combs, Diana Ross and Donna Summer for her third studio album.
An effort that could be released late 2010, the album is Rowland's first project to be released on Universal Motown and first project completely separate from her Destiny's Child team at Music World and Columbia (Beyonce, Knowles').
"It's a great list of people and the record has come together so beautifully," Rowland shared recently. "I'm trying to take a page from the amazing books of Donna Summer and Diana Ross.
While she has not collaborated with either, as of yet, on the album, Rowland says their defining glamour and voices have inspired a whole new outlook.
"They were so powerful and glam on stage and such a voice for women," she says. "I looked at them to take inspiration from and then thought of a way to make it my own."
Like both divas, Rowland is revisitng the dance floor on the album, which is said to feature a reunion with "When Love Takes Over" collaborator David Guetta. It could also end up with a bit of "Boom Boom Pow" thanks to Black Eyed Peas member/producer Will.I.Am.
"Will.I.Am and I have spoke and he's making time for little old me," Rowland shared recently. "He's just as excited to get in the studio as I am."
As reported previously, Ne-Yo has spent time working on Rowland's album, amongst forthcoming efforts from Jennifer Hudson, Rihanna and his own album, an as-yet-untitled follow up to "Year of the Gentleman" ("Miss Independent," "Spotlight").
Kelly Rowland's last album, "Ms. Kelly" was released in 2007. It spawned the hit singles "Like This," "Work," and "Daylight" (ft.Travis McCoy). Prior to "Ms. Kelly," Rowland made her solo debut post Destiny's Child with 2002s "Simply Deep" ("Dilemna" ft. Nelly, "Can't Nobody," "Stole").
As previously reported in a HipHopWired exclusive, J. Cole made a stop in Atlanta and spoke on some of his future collaborations and his upcoming debut album.
While an official release date has yet to be set, he did confirm that that it would be released this summer.
Until then however the pride of “Fayettenam” is taking his talent on the road for his first college tour.
The lucky schools that will see a performance from Cole include the illustrious Hampton University, Montclair University and his alma mater where he graduated Magna Cum Laude, St. John’s University.
The tour kicks off Tuesday with a performance at Hot 97’s “Who’s Next Live.”
The tour dates for J. Cole’s college tour are below:
March 30th: HOT 97 “Who’s Next Live” New York, NY
April 1st: Hampton University Hampton, VA
April 2nd: Richmond University Richmond, VA
April 8th: Howard University Washington, DC
April 9th: USF Tampa, FL
April 10th: Longwood University Farmville, VA
April 16th: New Earth Music Hall Athens, GA
April 17th: Vassar College Poughkeepsie, NY
April 18th: Adelphi University Garden City, NY
April 20th: MSU Montclair, NJ
April 22th: Xavier University Cincinnati, OH
April 24th: St. John’s University Queens, NY
April 28th: University of Maryland College Park, MD
April 29th: Southern CT State University New Haven, CT
April 30th: Rutgers University New Brunswick, NJ
Need an opening act? I'm free
It was Lady GaGa’s 24th birthday Sunday, March 28, but she gave her fans a big gift when she stopped by her biggest fansite, GaGaDaily.com, to talk about her upcoming third album in the site’s chatbox and thank them for creating a heartfelt birthday video for her special day.
“Little monsters! This is GaGa! I just saw your videos, I’m very emotional. God blessed me when he made you,” she wrote. “I saw this little box of messages, and I thought I would say hello and I love you. I promise it’s me. I love you all so much. I wanted to say thank you and give you a present.
“I’ve already written the first single for the new album. And I promise you, that this album is the greatest of my career. it is the anthem of our generation. I wrote it for you. Because of you, when I was in Liverpool, I wrote the greatest music I’ve ever written.”
Gaga ended by saying she’ll come back to Gaga Daily to announce the title of her third set, adding,”I don’t want to spoil it yet!”
Gaga confirmed it was her typing in the chatbox with a tweet on her Twitter account. There, she wrote another love letter to her “little monster angels.” “Thank you so much for all the beautiful birthday messages, videos, and gifts. The greatest present I’ve been given this year is you.”
I really hope she's over this "monster" mess. I want the "Shake Ure Kitty"/"Vanity" chick back brunette hair and all. But knowing her it'll be good just seems too damn soon.
Khleo AKA Zero from Holes...all grown up and rapping under Soulja Boy's label...
The Next Nick Cannon or the next Drake??
Mar 28, 2010
Check out video of K performing “22nd Century“ and “4th of July“ from Flesh Tone, and listen to a live-rip “Spaceship” with Benny Benassi!
WMC RAW // Kelis from Arcade44.tv on Vimeo.
via Ultimate Kelis
Best I Ever Had
I'm Goin In
01. The Wake
02. I’m Raw
03. Body Ya
04. Hard Feat. Kobe, Paul Cain & LA The Darkman
05. Oh Let’s Do It
06. Suicide 2 f. Paul Cain & Freck Billionaire
07. It’s Goin’ Down f. Freck Billionaire
08. Roger That f. Freck Billionaire
09. Love Come Down
10. Popular Demand f. Paul Cain
11. Mr. R.I.P
12. Body Bag f. Cam’ron & Vado
13. Beamer, Benz, or Bentley f. Lloyd Banks Juelz Santana
14. For The Money f. Nicki Minaj
15. Tonight f. Red Cafe
16. All The Way Turnt Up f. Trey Songz
17. Say Somethin’ Nigga
18. Funeral Service Music f. Kobe, Paul Cain, Red Cafe & Willie The Kid
19. Bring Death To Em’
20. Exhibit F
DOWNLOAD HERE(via 2Dopeboyz)
Mar 27, 2010
Looks EPIC full video will be posted monday stay in tune ;)
Mar 26, 2010
Recently I have been considering making the journey back to the "in" crowd and returning to the ever so popular iPhone. With my debate, I had to look at the numerous reasons why I left the Apple iPhone in the first place. I decided to compile a list detailing each reason and here it is.
1.No Multitasking - The Apple iPhone in all of its popularity and high demand is actually one of the worst multitasking smart phones available, if you even consider it a smart phone with its many downsides. The iPhone has come a long way in its support of push notifications but it is still not a great phone for doing more than one thing at once. Wouldn't you like to listen to Pandora internet radio and search the web at the same time? Well Android does.
2.Horrid Instant Messaging - While the iPhone instant messenger selection has come a long ways since its roots, the instant messaging programs available are still quite poor. Whether it be Beejive or whichever other IM program you may choose, the lack of multitasking on the iPhone makes it very difficult to actually carry on a conversation while doing other things on the phone. I mean honestly, who sits at their instant messaging program and doesn't decide to go fiddle with other things whether it be texts or Safari. The iPhone instant messaging scene has come a long way in that for a period of time, you can receive IMs while in other applications but this is still spotty at best and finding an application that will remain connected with the application not opened and on the screen is still a pain.
3. No good turn by turn GPS - While all android phones support the native Google Maps application which features FREE voice turn by turn navigation, the fine people at Apple have made it a point to say NO GPS navigation system found in the App Store can contain voice directed GPS. This is very sad and another example of Apple limiting the productivity of the iPhone
4. No physical keyboard offerings - With Android there are so many different phone options available that you are able to pick a phone with a keyboard or a strictly touch screen phone while Apple continues their "touchscreen-fits-all" iPhone offerings.
5. Google syncing - Each android phone wirelessly synchronizes all of your contacts, calendar dates, and email messages with your Google account. This allows for you to view and edit all of these from either your phone or computer. Any android phone that you put your Gmail account on can instantly access this information therefor eliminating the "lose of contacts" due to switching phones or factory reseting your phone. The iPhone has some WIRED syncing options which require you to keep files relating to the sync on your computer whereas Androids syncing is strictly over the internet and automatic saving you space and time.
6. Amazing, free apps - Google's Shopper, Listen, Scoreboard, Goggles and SkyMap applications to name a few are extremely great applications available to all Android Users. While the Apple App Store does have far more Application offerings than the Android market, let's be real majority of the "free" apps in the App store are complete and utter garbage or the first level to a game called a "lite" version in an attempt to get you to buy the full version. Not to mention the horrible advertisements included all over the applications. I'm not saying ALL the free applications on the iPhone are poor but if you have an iPhone you are going to have to fork out some cash in order to get your phone to do everything that you want it to do. When I had my iPhone I was forced to spend money to get a decent application to do the functions I needed it to do. This is why Apple pushes there "Theres an App for That" campaign so strongly. With my time on Android, I have only felt a need to "purchase" one application and that was an AIM client that functioned to the same level of one found on an instant messaging beast like the Sidekick.(You aren't going to find anything like that on the iPhone).
7. Google Voice - Google Voice is an interesting application that allows you to receive a FREE secondary number at the area code of your choice. You can use this FREE number to make FREE text messages to ANY phone number. So basically you can send and receive(in real time) FREE text messaging. If that's not cool enough, the application comes with 20 FREE voice minutes from your new FREE number and you can purchase more at a price lower than your actually phone bills price. You can also place cheaper international calls. Let's see the iPhone do that. It can't, the only supports a web application that can't do anywhere near as much as the Google application which almost makes me want to break out and sing Marvin Gaye's "Ain't Nothin' Like the Real Thing".
You tell me which one looks better.
8. Personalization - To be honest, the iPhone's home screen is pretty darn ugly, and you can't help this unless you go through the jail breaking process. The ONLY thing you can customize about the iPhone home screen is the order the apps go, you can’t even choose which apps you would like to show up. The Android home screen is HIGHLY customizable and you can make it just right to suit you. You have full control over background image, icon's displayed and also widgets. I set up my home screen to show me my Twitter feed so I can keep up with what's going on in the Twitter world, as well as my calendar so I can get a good look at my weekly agenda all from my home screen while on my iPhone I can only look at my apps from my home screen, great. There are a number of widgets that can be added to do just about anything that you want whether it be to check the weather or play my favorite playlist on Pandora Internet Radio. Once again, this is all from my home screen. Ringtones and Notifications are also great on Android because it is very easy to associate whatever sound you want to happen with whatever you would like. You can clip your own songs, choosing the part of the song you want, and turn them into ringtones from free on the phone. While with Apple you can only create your own ringtones if you either own a Mac computer or jailbreak your phone. Another way Apple tries to force-feed you their products.
9. Replacements for Native Apps - Steve Jobs made it clear in his quest for supremacy that he will not tolerate apps in the App Market that do the same function as the native Apps. Only recently did Apple allow their users to download a different internet browser than the native Safari. Android allows you to choose which Native Applications you would like to use and which ones you wouldn't. You can even download a whole new home screen such as SlideScreenPro so that your phone can be personalized even more. I don't use the stock Android text messaging application, I chose a different one strictly because of appearance and I am able to make my phone look as nice as I want.
10. Status Bar/Notifications - The Android status bar really takes the cake for productivity. Using it, I can receive a text message, without being interrupted from whatever I may be doing on the phone AND read the text message without closing out of what I am doing. With a little configuration, I can even reply to the text message without ever switching to the text messaging application. The status bar on Android is a great innovative feature because you can drag it down and view basically whatever is happening on your phone. I can view text messages there, e-mails, tweets, missed calls and an endless amount of things, all of which I set up because I get to choose what is displayed.
This is just a beginning to the list, I could continue and probably go for another 10 reasons but this will suffice. I hope this helps you in your decision in purchasing a new phone. Android has so many offerings on so many different networks that the decision should really be easy. Why do you think that each major phone company in the U.S. is switching their top handset selections to strictly Android, bypassing Blackberry, Palm's Web OS as well as Windows Mobile? Because Android is the future. The market share in Android continues to rise. The iPhone is by no means a bad phone but when compared to the Android operating system, the Apple 3.1.3 OS is no where close in terms of productivity, personalization and other thins.
Last night musician Kelis hosted a dinner presented by Belvedere Vodka to celebrate the launch of her upcoming album Flesh Tone and to reveal her unknown passion, cooking. Held in a private bungalow at the W South Beach, Kelis welcomed guests including Interscope-Geffen-A&M Chairman Jimmy Iovine, DJ Benny Benassi, DJ Rashida, Chicago Bears player Adewale Ogunieye, Kansas City Chiefs player Thomas Jones, DJ/musician Calvin Harris, Burns, Jack Splash and more, to try the menu she created and prepared herself. Kelis told her guests that awhile back she decided to take a step away from music and went to culinary school, where she found her a new love, cooking. Kelis is now on top of both of her games– music and cooking– and together they made a night to remember. In addition to the delicious food, which Benny Benassi and others raved about, guests were the first to hear Kelis’ new album while sipping Belvedere cocktails.
Pics and Entreé after jump
The Sugababes’ American Dream has suddenly turned into a nightmare...
Mega rapper Jay-Z has quietly dropped them from his influential Roc-A-Fella label. And, in an astonishing twist, he is in talks to sign up Keisha Buchanan – who was booted out of the group last September.
The Sugababes, once Britain’s biggest girlband, recently revamped their line-up, replacing Keisha, 25, with Jade Ewen, 21.
Clearly, it hasn’t done the trick. The Sugas – Jade, Heidi Range, 26, and Amelle Berrabah, 25 – have been removed from Roc-A-Fella’s artist roster and company website. And word has it they are being referred to as “former clients”.
The band reportedly signed a three-album deal with Roc-A-Fella last year. At the time Jade gushed: “It’s going to be wicked to do a collaboration with him.. I’m going to focus on this opportunity.”
Despite making a big fuss about working with Jay-Z, a spokesman for the group yesterday denied they had even signed for his label. Which leaves us scratching our heads.
Still, at least Keisha has something to smile about. A friend of hers tells us: “Keisha is flying out to LA this week to record her solo album. “Jay is serious about getting her on board. They hit it off at the Brits afterparty in London.
“Keisha will be gutted that things have not worked out so well for the band she helped create.”
To rub salt in the wound, Sugababes’ new album, Sweet 7, charted at No.14 last week. It fell to No.37 yesterday and could crash out of the Top 40 altogether by Sunday.
Today, I was in the store shopping with my dude Ayo the Producer and I heard one of the illest Jay-Z mixes i had ever heard in my entire life. I'm a huge Jay-Z fan and own every CD he has ever put out. I loved the mix so much I had to ask one of the employees if I could buy it. The employee told me I could download it off DJ Neil Armstrong's blog. DJ Neil Armstrong is one of Jay-Z's touring DJ's you can check out his blog at www.djneilarmstrong.com . Also if your a Jay-Z fan, even if you aren't you must download this mix "DNA of the Blueprint" it is too hot. The download link is
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
With all the buzz surrounding the April 3rd release of the Apple iPad, I like many of people was wondering what exactly is the iPad meant for? Upon these thoughts, I decided to take a look around the net and see what I could come up with. The iPad is essentially the big brother to iPod Touch line, an iPod Touch on steroids. It can also be compared to the iPhone because a AT&T is offering a data plan for the iPad although you can simply use it on Wi-Fi if you would like. The news paper will be offered daily to iPad users for the price of 17 dollars a month. The iPad sports a 1GHz A4 processor basically meaning its going to move pretty fast and smoothly. It also features an integrated compass, built-in microphone, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1, stereo audio output, built in speaker, accelerometer and ambient light sensors. Many people say well, if the iPad is basically just an oversize iPod Touch, why should I buy it? Although they maintain similar functionality and appearance, there are numerous differences. The operating system featured on the iPad is very similar to the iPhone's meaning many of the same apps are present on it but they have been revamped to completely take advantage of the iPad's larger screen. The 9.7-inch screen offers far more space than any iPod Touch or iPhone. This will make it more effective to read e-books and newspapers. Apple has created iBooks, an e-bookstore specifically for the iPad. It features a virtual bookshelf with content from five major publishers. The books will be readable in both landscape and portrait mode with variable text sizes. It also has just been revealed that users will have access to 30,000 classic books for free through iBooks. Apple is also reworking their iWorks application featuring word processing, spreadsheets and keynote presentations for the device for the price of 9.99. This is basically Apple's version of Microsoft Office. The iPad does sport many pluses but now I will take the time to get into the negatives. If you compare the iPad to similarly priced low-end laptops and netbooks, the iPad can't compete. The main reason being is because the iPad can't run common full-fledged applications such as Microsoft Word. The biggest downfall with the iPad is that it suffers the same problem as the iPhone & iPod touch lines in that it can't multitask meaning it can't run multiple apps simultaneously. Another downside to the iPad is that its screen causes more strain than a standard dedicated e-reader such as the Amazon Kindle. The iPad Wi-Fi version launches in the U.S. on April 3rd followed by the Wi-fi and 3G capable edition dropping later in the month. The iPad's price depends on how much memory & what type of connection you purchase. The Wi-Fi only version will start at $499 for 16GB of memory, $599 for 32GB, and $699 for 64GB. The Wi-Fi and 3G version will cost $629 for 16GB, $729 for 32GB, and $829 for 64GB. You can get a full fledged Mac Mini computer for less than most of the iPad models. Pre-orders began March 12th. It will be interesting to see how Apple works to make the iPad a must have device and brings new cutting edge features to it. If you are interested in purchasing one, you can pre-order a Wi-Fi version from Apple.com or reserve one for pick up at any Apple Store.
Joey .B is a Brooklyn, New York R&B Singer. He is currently working on his debut mixtape. I have attached a link to his current hot single “Fantasy Girl” and its critically acclaimed remix featuring rap stars Jim Jones & Juelz Santana. At the moment, “Fantasy Girl” is getting great circulation on the radio circuit and is in serious rotation at radio station Hot 97. Joey has also had the privilege to work with a number of major artists such as Papoose. He is also working with Omen the Producer, the man behind Drake's "O.D" song and Lil Wayne's song "Single" off his latest mixtape No Ceilings. Look our for his music video dropping this summer and his second single "Ringtone Love". I had the privilege to hear it and your definitely in for something hot. For booking inquiries e-mail email@example.com . You can check out more of his music at http://www.myspace.com/jusztjoey and for artists, you can also check out his producers at http://www.myspace.com/thisismadmusic
I through this track along also, it’s a track by Max V off his debut mixtape “Who Cares” featuring Joey .B & myself.
This track is called Got Em' it's produced by Superstar Beats. It's off Orlando rapper Innocent's up coming mixtape. You can check out more of his music at www.myspace.com/innocentpage. For booking e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Shout outs to the people at Comradery Records.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
Mar 25, 2010
Ms.Keri BAAAAYBAAAAAY! lol
You can download it here
For like the past two years this phenomenon has been plegueging the industry with belief of artists and executives being part of a secret society known as "Illuminati". It has been linked to the deaths of some of our major stars, such as Tupac,Michael Jackson and The Notorious B.I.G. At first I knocked it off as propaganda but after a while alot of it made since. I do however dispute these claims made by anonymous people who value their lives, being that is how do they know what this stuff is let alone why don't we speak on other religions they are pretty much cult like if you ask me. In all honesty I don't really care too much if I'm being brainwashed let alone me trying to save the world, and if the illuminati are killing artist, why are they still forcing Rihanna down our throat? she can honestly go as well.
I found this following article being a really good read and so far compared to those useless youtube videos, it made a gang of sense. I do however say this, I don't 100% support none of these allegations from either parties and I love the music brainwashing or not I could honestly not give a shit.
read the article here
Cassidy – Searching (Feat. John Legend) (Prod. By Swizz Beats)
Cassidy – You Got Me Open (Feat. Ne-Yo)
Bow Wow – Roger That (Freestyle)
Jim Jones – Penicilin(feat. Shawty Lo, Sen City, and Chink Santana)
Waka Flocka Flame – Lambo Dis Summer (Remix) (Feat. Ras Kass & 40 Glocc)
T-Pain – Ghetto Commandments(Feat. Snoop Dogg & Mack Maine)
Mar 24, 2010
Lesley Lewis has just posted a link via Twitter of her groups new buzz track exclusively for the fans titled "I'm That Chick". It has a unique flair to it.
Download Electrik Red- I'm that Chick